View Thread : These freshy jokes rock!

dorveishique
I have funny lol! lmao!! I like to eat chocolate monkeys! Spam jerky! Pringle spingle tingle crocodile lips!! Ahwhahgahgahguaga!!!

Japan1!

http://www.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2006/09/tingle_in_akiba.jpg

Great Rumbler

what...

A Black Falcon
Spam. Either delete all the links in the post (time consuming) or delete the post, but don't leave it as it is.

Great Rumbler
I fix.

Dark Jaguar
Did you delete the original post or just add to it? What was it originally?

The thread title sounds like some pathetic advertisement for "jokes". I mean "these jokes "rock""? Who talks like that? These are hiLARious! All the best jokes are here! Check 'em out! Kill me! This is as direct an invitation to kill me as I can possibly provide!

Great Rumbler
I completely deleted the old post, which was terrible by the way. It was full of links to God knows where and all the "jokes" were utterly unfunny and arranged in such a way as to make distinguishing between where one joke ended and another one started nearly impossible.

Dark Jaguar
Should have left it there, but with little comments throughout making fun of everything he said, like "what did you slam your head on the keyboard at this part?".

Great Rumbler
It was all just one continuous paragraph, not really conducive for commenting on. Plus, it was loaded with links and I didn't want to waste them to delete them all.

Dark Jaguar
I still would rather have seen it for myself...

Weltall
It's a spambot. Check the most recent signups, paying attention to their birthdates.

Notice a trend?

I'm deleting the threads as they appear. I have no desire to keep them around. I'm also flushing the database periodically to delete the accounts. Since most of them don't pass the email-verification step, they never post and I can wipe them all out by removing the zero-posters.

Dark Jaguar
So this has been an ongoing problem eh? Well, that says something about how on top of it you have been since I've only noticed a few "spammings" every now and then.

But seriously, how bad a spam problem does there have to be for it to have spread to THIS forum?

A Black Falcon
Yeah, spambots are a growing problem on internet forums... that's why some have things like email verification or signups that require a mod/admin to verify the new member before they are added and stuff like that, I think.

Great Rumbler
At GAF you can't use email addresses from free services [Yahoo, MSN, AOL, ect.], so I just used my university email address.