Tendo City:  The Cake Is A Lie!  

Go Back  Tendo City: The Cake Is A Lie! > Tendo City: Residential District > The Somewhat-Monthly Review

Sun, May 22nd, 2005   #1
EdenMaster
If It's Not About Brawl, Chances Are I Don't Care.

Send a message via AIM to EdenMaster Send a message via MSN to EdenMaster
Default Rules and Regulations of the Review Forum (Please read before writing any reviews)

Welcome to the TendoCity Reviews Forum. I am EdenMaster, The Review King, and I'll be your host tonight. If you care to post any reiews, there are a few rules and standards to which we would like you to abide.

1. Limited replying - Replies to reviews are allowed, but only on the condition that the replies and ensuing banter pertain to the reviewed game (or even series, such as comparing a game to it's predecessor or sequel). All off-topic posts will be deleted.

2. Minimum length - Reviews should not be curt, tiny little paragraphs about the game. We want detail. A minimum of about 500 words is sufficient. I probably won't be strict on that number, but enough to fill a page should be fine. Any that I deem too short will be requested to be lengthened, or I will delete them. There is no maximum length, so go nuts.

3. Paragraph format - We would prefer reviews tohave a set format. We want to see what attributes the game has. Sound, gameplay, graphics, replayablity, story. Break it down. There won't be any set categories to reviw a game under, but the ones I mentioned are the usual ones to focus on.

4. Scoring - We request that at end of your review, you summarize the game briefly and score the game. The scoring system will consist of a scale of 0.0 to 10.0, obviously with 0 as the lowest, and 10 as the highest. A score of 7 or so is about an average game. Also, though it may be difficult, try to be objective. While you may think of a game as the best in the world, think hard to come up with anything that you don't like, as it may be an important factor for those considering purchasing the game. We prefer that you score the games you review, if you do not wish to score a game all, it's not a requirement.

5. Title - Please make the title of your reviews limited to the name of the game and nothing more. for indexing purposes, having a review with the title "My Halo Review" just makes things difficult.

Any new rules that may need added, will be. For now, please abide by these guidelines. Thank you.

Last edited by EdenMaster : Tue, June 14th, 2005 at 04:39 PM.
Sun, May 22nd, 2005   #2
The Former DMiller
Infrequent Poster

Send a message via AIM to The Former DMiller

I don't see why we shouldn't be able to reply to people's reviews, especially for older games that might not get discussed in the regular forums.
Sun, May 22nd, 2005   #3
EdenMaster

It's just to keep things organized. Ryan and I came up with these rules and we're are also working on some things. For instance, a way to have corresponding threads to new reviews elsewhere in the forums was discussed, but we've not done anything about it yet. We're just getting started here, changes may, and probably will, be made to the forums and possibly to these rules.

Bear with us

Sun, May 22nd, 2005   #4
Dark Jaguar
Resident Schizophrenic

One suggestion I'd like to make is ditching the score requirement. It's impossible to apply an objective numerical value to "total enjoyment", so if someone does not wish to engage in such a practice they should be allowed to. Otherwise it's fine.
"On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." ~ Charles Babbage (1791-1871)
Sun, May 22nd, 2005   #5
Great Rumbler
Tendocity's Resident Accountant and Amateur Writer

Send a message via AIM to Great Rumbler Send a message via MSN to Great Rumbler

Quote:
so let's not clutter this place with anything more than what it is intended for: reviews. Any replies to any reviews will be deleted.

Haha, whoops.

Read my web log.
Sun, May 22nd, 2005   #6
Great Rumbler
Tendocity's Resident Accountant and Amateur Writer

Send a message via AIM to Great Rumbler Send a message via MSN to Great Rumbler

By the way, could someone fix the last four forums [the ones for other console]? The way it's setup you can't tell if there's any new posts without going to them.

Read my web log.
Sun, May 22nd, 2005   #7
EdenMaster

As I said, we're still feeling out how this is going to work, but until any rules are changed, we're going to stick with what we've already settled upon, including the no-replies rule.

Sun, May 22nd, 2005   #8
EdenMaster

All right, I've talked with Ryan, and we've decided one the following:

First, replies will be allowed to reviews, but on the condition that the replies and ensuing banter pertain to the game at hand. Off topic posts will still be deleted. You guys have a whole bunch of other forums to be crazy and off-topic in, but let's try to keep some semblance of order here, kay? My apologies to any of you who's replies I deleted before the rule was changed. do try to stay on topic though.

Second, for purposes of indexing, game review titles should have the title of the game and nothing more. If you're writing a review of Halo, make the title "Halo". Easy enough.

Also, scoring, while preferred, will not be mandatory.

All right? Now write some reviews ya ingrates!

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: