Tendo City:  The Cake Is A Lie!  

Go Back  Tendo City: The Cake Is A Lie! > Tendo City: Residential District > SAVE TENDO CITY

Fri, March 9th, 2007   #1
Ryan
Tyrone Slothrop, Esq.

Location: Got a hardon in your fist? Don't be pissed. Re-enlist!
Send a message via AIM to Ryan Send a message via MSN to Ryan
Default Spring Cleaning

In the interests of at least making the forum less cluttered, you'll have noticed that the layout of the main page has been changed some.

CHANGES:

Movie Reviews merged into Reviews, for consistency's sake.
Online Game Trading deleted. It has not ever been used and almost certainly never would be.
Twilight Princess Forum merged into Tendo City. It's Nintendo-themed and belongs there, as a sub-forum.
All Hidden Forums merged into Forum 5. All threads remain, but having all those unused forum categories was just a waste of space.
Forum 5 merged into Save Tendo City! It's never used, but there's too much to just delete.
Re-arranged forum layout in a way that is more streamlined.

PROPOSED CHANGES:

Merge YouTube Videos into Ramble City. I personally don't think it warrants having its own sub-forum or category when Ramble City already has dozens of threads about flash videos. And etoven is the only person who ever makes threads there, anyway.
Fri, March 9th, 2007   #2
DMiller
Infrequent Poster

Send a message via AIM to DMiller

Now that looks a little better. I would agree that you should merge the YouTube Videos with Ramble City.
Fri, March 9th, 2007   #3
EdenMaster
If It's Not About Brawl, Chances Are I Don't Care.

Send a message via AIM to EdenMaster Send a message via MSN to EdenMaster

Looking good...

Now then, back to the matter at hand: a little more substantial content to bring in members...

Mon, March 12th, 2007   #4
A Black Falcon
Defender of the Realm

Send a message via AIM to A Black Falcon Send a message via MSN to A Black Falcon

Quote:

Twilight Princess Forum merged into Tendo City. It's Nintendo-themed and belongs there, as a sub-forum.

This just isn't true, though. Remember, it was the Topic of the month forum, so there are sections of posts on various subjects there, mostly not Nintendo -- Star Wars, Wheel of Time, Anime, etc... the majority of the stuff there is Ramble or Reviews-style content, not Gaming...

... "Den of the Philociraptor"?
Currently Playing: Guild Wars (with expansions) (PC), Donkey Kong Country series (SNES), Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 1 and 2 (GBA), sometimes Warcraft III or Starcraft (PC) Mega Turrican and Universal Soldier (Genesis), various other stuff
Mon, March 12th, 2007   #5
Ryan
Tyrone Slothrop, Esq.

True. The concept of a changing forum doesn't really seem worth it though. I stuck it in there not because I thought it always was Nintendo-related, but because it has been for many months now.

I wouldn't mind separating the threads to the proper places and killing it, myself.

Philoceraptors are awesome, and I thought it would be neat to spice up the forum titles a little, make 'em more unique.
Mon, March 12th, 2007   #6
A Black Falcon
Defender of the Realm

Send a message via AIM to A Black Falcon Send a message via MSN to A Black Falcon

Quote:
True. The concept of a changing forum doesn't really seem worth it though. I stuck it in there not because I thought it always was Nintendo-related, but because it has been for many months now.

I wouldn't mind separating the threads to the proper places and killing it, myself.

While I obviously agree, this would require "effort"... which none of us want to expend, I believe...

... so, um, can we get the old TC/RC stuff anytime this... oh, year maybe? It'd be really nice to see online again...
Currently Playing: Guild Wars (with expansions) (PC), Donkey Kong Country series (SNES), Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 1 and 2 (GBA), sometimes Warcraft III or Starcraft (PC) Mega Turrican and Universal Soldier (Genesis), various other stuff
Sat, March 17th, 2007   #7
A Black Falcon
Defender of the Realm

I'm thinking about moving all of the anime threads I can find from the "Twilight Princess" forum to the Movie Reviews forum... good idea?
Sun, March 18th, 2007   #8
Great Rumbler
Tendocity's Resident Accountant and Amateur Writer

Send a message via AIM to Great Rumbler Send a message via MSN to Great Rumbler

It might work better as a sub-forum of the Review section, rather than bunched together with the movie reviews.

Read my web log.
Sun, March 18th, 2007   #9
A Black Falcon
Defender of the Realm

Hmm... yeah, maybe. That would be a bit more difficult though...

... should it be a subfolder of Movie Reviews, or a forum in the same category of the Reviews Forum as the Movie Reviews Forum is? Now that you mention it, having "Movie Reviews" and "Anime Reviews" in the "Other Categories" section would make sense...

... hmm, what else would fit there? Book Reviews?
Sun, March 18th, 2007   #10
Great Rumbler
Tendocity's Resident Accountant and Amateur Writer

Send a message via AIM to Great Rumbler Send a message via MSN to Great Rumbler

Maybe they should just stay in Ramble City?

Read my web log.
Sun, March 18th, 2007   #11
A Black Falcon
Defender of the Realm

Bah, why have one forum when you can have five?

... we already have separate forums for every gaming platform in the Reviews Forum, you know... adding those one or two don't seem like a huge change.
Tue, March 20th, 2007   #12
Ryan
Tyrone Slothrop, Esq.

I most definitely would love a forum for book reviews.
Tue, March 20th, 2007   #13
N-Man
I Master Five Magics

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Black Falcon
Bah, why have one forum when you can have five?

... we already have separate forums for every gaming platform in the Reviews Forum, you know... adding those one or two don't seem like a huge change.

Elementary. If 5 people post in 5 different forums over the course of a day, then that forum looks pretty dead. If those 5 people all post in the same forum, then whoopie-shit, it's the most happening place in town.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: