Tendo City:  The Cake Is A Lie!  

Go Back  Tendo City: The Cake Is A Lie! > Tendo City: Metropolitan District > Den of the Philociraptor

Thu, May 17th, 2007   #1
A Black Falcon
Defender of the Realm

Send a message via AIM to A Black Falcon Send a message via MSN to A Black Falcon
Default Iraqi Justice

Very disturbing video...

http://dynamic.cnn.com/apps/tp/vide...nn/video.ws.asx
Currently Playing: Guild Wars (with expansions) (PC), Donkey Kong Country series (SNES), Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 1 and 2 (GBA), sometimes Warcraft III or Starcraft (PC) Mega Turrican and Universal Soldier (Genesis), various other stuff
Thu, May 17th, 2007   #2
alien space marine
Holy Macaroni

2 words!

Islamic Barbarians
Thu, May 17th, 2007   #3
A Black Falcon
Defender of the Realm

Send a message via AIM to A Black Falcon Send a message via MSN to A Black Falcon

Islamic societies aren't the only ones with unjust "legal" systems, though... much of Africa isn't much better and that's not all Islamic. And don't forget China, home to more executions than any other nation on the planet, among many other things... the Middle Eastern nations just have some of the most obviously wrong cases of this stuff, so they get more press.

Saudi Arabian public beheadings trump Chinese quiet suppressions of rural dissent every time...
Currently Playing: Guild Wars (with expansions) (PC), Donkey Kong Country series (SNES), Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 1 and 2 (GBA), sometimes Warcraft III or Starcraft (PC) Mega Turrican and Universal Soldier (Genesis), various other stuff
Fri, May 18th, 2007   #4
A Black Falcon
Defender of the Realm

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast...ling/index.html
Tue, May 29th, 2007   #5
nickdaddyg
The Perfection of Humanity

Send a message via Yahoo to nickdaddyg

Before I watch this, does it actually show heads getting cut off? I really don't wanna see that.

lazyfatbum: "This girl NEEDS a good humping!"

Smoke: "Little girls these days are wearing more advanced underwear."
Wed, May 30th, 2007   #6
A Black Falcon
Defender of the Realm

It's not a hanging, it's a public stoning. Not that that's any better, given that the result is the same...

American television usually doesn't actually show 'the moment of the person being killed' though; this applies universally. For instance, from the Sadaam hanging tape they'd play parts of it, but not the part where he's being hanged... it's obvious what's going on though, so that doesn't really help that much.
Thu, May 31st, 2007   #7
A Black Falcon
Defender of the Realm

Followup.
http://dynamic.cnn.com/apps/tp/vide...nn/video.ws.asx
Quote:
Before I watch this, does it actually show heads getting cut off? I really don't wanna see that.

Th
Quote:
It's not a hanging, it's a public stoning. Not that that's any better, given that the result is the same...

American television usually doesn't actually show 'the moment of the person being killed' though; this applies universally. For instance, from the Sadaam hanging tape they'd play parts of it, but not the part where he's being hanged... it's obvious what's going on though, so that doesn't really help that much.

That is to say, they show the girl on the ground with the crowd around her, but that's it. It's just like the videos of suicide bombings and stuff, where Arabic channels often just show them, but no US channel would... (and they're definitely doing the right thing in not showing such things)

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: