Tendo City:  The Cake Is A Lie!  

Go Back  Tendo City: The Cake Is A Lie! > Tendo City: Metropolitan District > Multiconsole City

Sat, June 2nd, 2007   #1
Dark Jaguar
Resident Schizophrenic

Default Gunpey Yokoi

Gunpei Yokoi won't let a little thing like DEATH get in the way of making new games, apparently.

I just picked up a game called "Gunpey" in a bargain bin for $10, and honestly I don't see how this didn't become a hit. According to the back of the game's box (and the reason I decided to pony up for it) not only is this game made by legendary puzzle game company Q?, it is essentially a remake of an old game that never left the drawing board made by Gunpei himself back when he still roamed the earth. Honestly it's one of the most unique puzzle games I've played in a while.

Anyway, as for the game, it's really cool. Basically you have a big grid of dots and your goal is to connect lines across the screen. That's it, but it's awesome! More details: basically your cursor covers two boxes and you switch the square above with the square below. You can also press a button to "scroll" the screen up one level, as the lines keep coming from below. You can use this to connect all kinds of line segments together and it doesn't need to be straight across. Doubling back to connect lots of line segments together is almost a needed strategy.

Edit: Never mind, turns out it WAS released for the DS.
"On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." ~ Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

Last edited by Dark Jaguar : Sat, June 2nd, 2007 at 05:16 PM.
Sat, June 2nd, 2007   #2
Great Rumbler
Tendocity's Resident Accountant and Amateur Writer

Send a message via AIM to Great Rumbler Send a message via MSN to Great Rumbler

Read my web log.
Sat, June 2nd, 2007   #3
Dark Jaguar
Resident Schizophrenic

So they did release it on the DS! That's good.

Huh, they seem to have changed the theme up a bit. From bizarre what the hell to some sort of cowboy thing.
"On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." ~ Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

Last edited by Dark Jaguar : Sat, June 2nd, 2007 at 05:17 PM.
Fri, July 6th, 2007   #4
lazyfatbum
Sennin

Because it has the word 'Gun' in it.
Fri, July 6th, 2007   #5
Dark Jaguar
Resident Schizophrenic

I'm not so sure about that... I will say this, they seem to be some sort of cyber punk cowboys what with the died green hair and all.
Fri, July 6th, 2007   #6
A Black Falcon
Defender of the Realm

Send a message via AIM to A Black Falcon Send a message via MSN to A Black Falcon

Just got to say that his name was Gunpei, not Gunpey. That's just the game's name.
Currently Playing: Guild Wars (with expansions) (PC), Donkey Kong Country series (SNES), Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 1 and 2 (GBA), sometimes Warcraft III or Starcraft (PC) Mega Turrican and Universal Soldier (Genesis), various other stuff
Fri, July 6th, 2007   #7
EdenMaster
If It's Not About Brawl, Chances Are I Don't Care.

Send a message via AIM to EdenMaster Send a message via MSN to EdenMaster

I try to make it a point not to play games I cannot pronounce.

Fri, July 6th, 2007   #8
A Black Falcon
Defender of the Realm

Send a message via AIM to A Black Falcon Send a message via MSN to A Black Falcon

But it's pronounced pretty much the way it's spelled...
Currently Playing: Guild Wars (with expansions) (PC), Donkey Kong Country series (SNES), Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 1 and 2 (GBA), sometimes Warcraft III or Starcraft (PC) Mega Turrican and Universal Soldier (Genesis), various other stuff
Sat, July 7th, 2007   #9
Dark Jaguar
Resident Schizophrenic

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Black Falcon
Just got to say that his name was Gunpei, not Gunpey. That's just the game's name.

Thank you Ted that was the joke.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: