Tendo City:  HEY!  You look like a real jerk!  

Go Back  Tendo City: HEY! You look like a real jerk! > Tendo City: Metropolitan District > Tendo City

2 Days Ago   #1
Dark Jaguar
Resident Schizophrenic

Default So the Wii finally has keyboard support

And not that cheapo support from the last patch, but rather full support throughout the OS. Certainly this will make a lot of things easier. Bit by bit Nintendo is actually adding important features to the Wii.

Next up let's make it a big one. Go for USB hard disk support!
"On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." ~ Charles Babbage (1791-1871)
2 Days Ago   #2
A Black Falcon
Defender of the Realm

Send a message via AIM to A Black Falcon Send a message via MSN to A Black Falcon

They'll need it, particularly with Neo-Geo games, Turbo CD games, and now WiiWare titles announced in that conference yesterday (Dr. Mario, Star Soldier R, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles something (new game)... they'll really, REALLY need it.
Currently Playing: Guild Wars (with expansions) (PC), Donkey Kong Country series (SNES), Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 1 and 2 (GBA), sometimes Warcraft III or Starcraft (PC) Mega Turrican and Universal Soldier (Genesis), various other stuff
2 Days Ago   #3
Dark Jaguar
Resident Schizophrenic

Wait... why for those games?
"On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." ~ Charles Babbage (1791-1871)
2 Days Ago   #4
A Black Falcon
Defender of the Realm

Send a message via AIM to A Black Falcon Send a message via MSN to A Black Falcon

They need a hard drive, I mean. Or SD support. Particularly now with WiiWare finally happening (next spring in Japan)...

As for the keyboard, the main use of that would be for the internet (web browser), I'd imagine. Can games even support it?
Currently Playing: Guild Wars (with expansions) (PC), Donkey Kong Country series (SNES), Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 1 and 2 (GBA), sometimes Warcraft III or Starcraft (PC) Mega Turrican and Universal Soldier (Genesis), various other stuff
2 Days Ago   #5
Dark Jaguar
Resident Schizophrenic

Sure. First off, typing messages and "friend codes" will be a lot easier. Also, any MMOs or online games with chat support could use it. Also, typing names and all sorts of things like that in single player games can be easier.
1 Day Ago   #6
hephaestus
Tendite

Thank you Nintendo and welcome to 1998.

Maybe we'll be able to highlight and copytpaste by next year and if we're really lucky, be able to update the flash player. Like that's going to happen. Keyboard + AC will probably cause most people between the ages of 13 and 35 to lose all communication to the outside world and get a sore, pasty ass. Maybe that's what Wiifit is for...

I'll try out the keyboard tonite, Nintendo has a list of boards that work with Wii but I haven't seen it yet. Hopefully that logitech wireless will work.
1 Day Ago   #7
A Black Falcon
Defender of the Realm

Quote:
Sure. First off, typing messages and "friend codes" will be a lot easier. Also, any MMOs or online games with chat support could use it. Also, typing names and all sorts of things like that in single player games can be easier.

Of course, but that would require Nintendo actually SUPPORTING ingame chat... something that they won't do.
1 Day Ago   #8
Great Rumbler
Tendocity's Resident Accountant and Amateur Writer

Send a message via AIM to Great Rumbler Send a message via MSN to Great Rumbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hephaestus
Thank you Nintendo and welcome to 1998.

Only two of the current consoles even HAVE a web browser.
Quote:
Of course, but that would require Nintendo actually SUPPORTING ingame chat... something that they won't do.

Uh...there are DS games with in-game chat function, including voice chat.

Read my web log.
1 Day Ago   #9
A Black Falcon
Defender of the Realm

Quote:
Only two of the current consoles even HAVE a web browser.

The 360 has so many online features that aren't present on the other systems that does that really matter? Browsing is better on PC anyway...
Quote:
Uh...there are DS games with in-game chat function, including voice chat.

I know, but that's friends-list stuff only. Perhaps they could implement text chat for friendslist play... but console gaming isn't conductive to keyboard chat. Voice chat is really the only way to go if you want ingame online conversations in a console game... you can't exactly type a message in between actions like you can with keyboard-and-mouse PC games.
1 Day Ago   #10
Great Rumbler
Tendocity's Resident Accountant and Amateur Writer

Send a message via AIM to Great Rumbler Send a message via MSN to Great Rumbler

Quote:
The 360 has so many online features that aren't present on the other systems that does that really matter? Browsing is better on PC anyway...

If you love Xbox360 so much why don't you just go ahead and marry it? Well you can't!! How does that make you feel?!

Read my web log.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: