Tendo City:  Let's sit down and discuss this irrationally!  

Go Back  Tendo City: Let's sit down and discuss this irrationally! > Tendo City: Metropolitan District > Ramble City

2 Days Ago   #41
A Black Falcon
Defender of the Realm

Send a message via AIM to A Black Falcon Send a message via MSN to A Black Falcon

PC gaming was better ten years ago than it is now, sadly. Ten years ago it was by far the best... but now consoles are much closer, and many genres have died or nearly faded out as PC games have focused more and more on just a couple kinds of games. Still, they are the best.

... I never posted at ONSP or whatever though, of course, so I wouldn't have been arguing with you about it there. But I probably was with someone or other on TC, I'm sure... along with saying things like how no, DK64 actually WAS a great game, etc. But in the first year or two my post count was just a few hundred, I didn't start seriously posting here a lot for a while...
Currently Playing: Guild Wars (with expansions) (PC), Donkey Kong Country series (SNES), Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 1 and 2 (GBA), sometimes Warcraft III or Starcraft (PC) Mega Turrican and Universal Soldier (Genesis), various other stuff
2 Days Ago   #42
Geno
Naruto + Hinata

Send a message via AIM to Geno Send a message via MSN to Geno Send a message via Yahoo to Geno

I meant that I would argue with other people on the ONSP ten years ago, not with you. I didn't meet you until I joined TC in 2003.

I actually kind of liked DK64 as well, though I haven't really been able to replay it. I might try again someday though. It really wasn't a bad game; flawed, sure, but it doesn't deserve the bad rep it gets.
1 Day Ago   #43
Weltall
The Singularity is Near.

PC gaming is (or, at least used to be) a totally different beast from console gaming. They're starting to homogenize now. I don't think it's a bad thing, really, and definitely a benefit for the consoles.

Now, if only the consoles would become more like PCs: customizable and open-ended. I hate the fact that I need to buy three different machines to play three different games in some cases.
1 Day Ago   #44
alien space marine
SJ has been pardoned edition

The scary thing is I went to best buy recently and the cut back their shelf space for pc games, Which is worrisome.

PC gaming will always survive, Its just seems that the consoles have stolen its thunder and marginalized it.

In the past,The PC was the only platform that enabled online play, Now you got Xboxlive, Sony , Nintendo going online. The PC always was ahead of the consoles graphically, Ever since the 6th generation of consoles they've now reached parity.
1 Day Ago   #45
Geno
Naruto + Hinata

Send a message via AIM to Geno Send a message via MSN to Geno Send a message via Yahoo to Geno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weltall
PC gaming is (or, at least used to be) a totally different beast from console gaming. They're starting to homogenize now. I don't think it's a bad thing, really, and definitely a benefit for the consoles.

Now, if only the consoles would become more like PCs: customizable and open-ended. I hate the fact that I need to buy three different machines to play three different games in some cases.
I've also found the idea of separate consoles to be bullshit as well. Above all, it's inconvenient to gamers who want to play games for all three consoles. In addition to that, though, I can't help but think that companies would profit more by not having separate consoles, instead developing for one universal console. It would cut manufacturing costs on the consoles themselves and it'd open all three libraries up to a more diverse audience as few people can afford all three systems.

Imagine if DVD companies did the same thing. To watch DVDs from 20th Century Fox, you'd need a Fox DVD player. To watch DVDs from Paramount, you'd need a Viacom DVD player. To watch DVDs from Warner Bros., you'd need a Time Warner DVD player. To watch DVDs from Disney, you'd need a Disney DVD player. Etc. We don't have to put up with that kind of bullshit with DVDs because all Region 1 DVDs will play on all Region 1 DVD players. Why must video games be different?

/rant

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: