Tendo City:  The Cake Is A Lie!  

Go Back  Tendo City: The Cake Is A Lie! > Tendo City: Metropolitan District > Tendo City

Mon, February 3rd, 2003   #1
EdenMaster
If It's Not About Brawl, Chances Are I Don't Care.

Send a message via AIM to EdenMaster Send a message via MSN to EdenMaster
Default E3 2003

It's newly 2003 so it's time to prepare for the best three days in every gamers life: The Electronic Entertainment Expo. I know, May is pretty far off right now, but it's never to early to talk about E3. Post your comments, thoughts, plans, and anything else E3 related here.

Mon, February 3rd, 2003   #2
OB1
off to parts unknown...

My predictions: ROB the Robot 2.0!
Tue, February 4th, 2003   #3
Dark Jaguar
Resident Schizophrenic

My predictions: LL will go there and see all sorts of awesome stuff again.

Um, that's it really. Maybe I can top him and go to the Tokyo Game Show though . (It kinda sucks that Nintendo is so stubborn they have their own seperate show, but unless there's been some recent other talks from them, last I heard they decided not to do Space World any more and stick with the TGS.)
"On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." ~ Charles Babbage (1791-1871)
Tue, February 4th, 2003   #4
OB1
off to parts unknown...

Let's all go to E3 together!
Tue, February 4th, 2003   #5
big guy
Resident Trad Skin

Send a message via AIM to big guy

good idea OB1...i bet if everyone at the forum pitched in about $75 i could afford to go!
Tue, February 4th, 2003   #6
Nintendarse
Tendite

I was actually starting to plan ahead and book a flight, but some things have to come first:

1-Tendo City gets a front page
2-We get registered for E3 as media
3-We get hotel and plane iternerary hooked up

There are a few other complications in there for me (school), but that can be taken care of. If LL is going back this year, I would greatly enjoy coming with him. I already have the okay from the parents, I just have to set it up myself.
Tue, February 4th, 2003   #7
Dark Jaguar
Resident Schizophrenic

I don't think you need to be a member of the news media to go there. It's basically just a trade show after all. It just means you get to be invited to those super secret curtains.
"On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." ~ Charles Babbage (1791-1871)
Tue, February 4th, 2003   #8
A Black Falcon
Defender of the Realm

Send a message via AIM to A Black Falcon Send a message via MSN to A Black Falcon

You need to be in some media or gaming thing to get into E3... its not a public show -- not anyone can go in... but, as LL proved last year, being an admin at TC is enough... (We'd probably need that frontpage again, though).
Currently Playing: Guild Wars (with expansions) (PC), Donkey Kong Country series (SNES), Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 1 and 2 (GBA), sometimes Warcraft III or Starcraft (PC) Mega Turrican and Universal Soldier (Genesis), various other stuff
Tue, February 4th, 2003   #9
WhiteFleck
Supah Sennin'

Send a message via AIM to WhiteFleck

It wouldn't take much to get a front page up, but if ya'll want one with functionality then you hold your horses.

Next year, when I'm old enough, I SO want to make a trip out of it. Maybe I'll spend this year in a chatroom again.
Tue, February 4th, 2003   #10
Sacred Jellybean
The Revolution is over, and Wii won.

If more Tendo City members decide to attend, I might have to cave in and give into peer pressure.

However, it depends on whether or not my own grades meet my standards, whether or not I can book/afford a round trip flight to LA, and how many school days I'll be missing.

I'd LOVE to go, though... and it seems like this year may be the only oppurtunity I'll have for another 3 or so years, due to my internship from college.

I'll really have to think about it... but I'm definately considering it. Wheeee.
Tue, February 4th, 2003   #11
Great Rumbler
Tendocity's Resident Accountant and Amateur Writer

Send a message via AIM to Great Rumbler Send a message via MSN to Great Rumbler

Here are my predictions:

Animal Crossing 2
Mario Kart GC
Mario 128
Namco RPG
Square RPG
New Title from Silicon Knights
New Title from Factor 5
Camelot RPG

Nintendo announces purchase of a new second party.

Read my web log.
Tue, February 4th, 2003   #12
A Black Falcon
Defender of the Realm

Send a message via AIM to A Black Falcon Send a message via MSN to A Black Falcon

Um, if your really expect all that, I expect you will be dissapointed... Nintendo will announce some new stuff, sure, but you're going a bit too far there...

I wish I could go to e3... but its a bit unrealistic, as you can imagine. Oh well... maybe I can just win more stuff, like I did last year from LL.
Currently Playing: Guild Wars (with expansions) (PC), Donkey Kong Country series (SNES), Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 1 and 2 (GBA), sometimes Warcraft III or Starcraft (PC) Mega Turrican and Universal Soldier (Genesis), various other stuff
Tue, February 4th, 2003   #13
EdenMaster

I'd love to go. It'd be great, checking out all of Nintendos best new stuff first hand, playing some Melee and Mario Party with fellow TCers...it'd be a blast. Hell, if we get some plan together about what we're doing, count me in. I wouldn't miss it for the world!

Tue, February 4th, 2003   #14
OB1
off to parts unknown...

I can actually go this year since I only have online classes. Of course, money is an issue...
Tue, February 4th, 2003   #15
EdenMaster

I could get together plenty of money by May, and I have vacation time accrued to go and not lose pay.

So as I said, lets get something finalized, and I'll see everyone there.

Tue, February 4th, 2003   #16
OB1
off to parts unknown...

Well how much would it cost to go there? There's $200 for a plane ticket, $50 or so for the show (right?), and then room and board for those that don't have relatives (like I do) in LA. Or perhaps the ever-elusive Lord Shockwave would let a few people stay at this place!
Tue, February 4th, 2003   #17
OB1
off to parts unknown...

And then there's also transportation. Perhaps we could rent a van together or something like that.
Tue, February 4th, 2003   #18
Dark Jaguar
Resident Schizophrenic

You already covered transportation in the first post, with the plane! Sheesh, just land us inside the building, and I'll sleep there.
Tue, February 4th, 2003   #19
OB1
off to parts unknown...

I don't think you can do that.
Tue, February 4th, 2003   #20
Dark Jaguar
Resident Schizophrenic

And why not?
Tue, February 4th, 2003   #21
OB1
off to parts unknown...

Well fine, you can try and stay overnight in the building, but the rest of us might need to stay somewhere else and therefor need transportation to the E3 building.
Tue, February 4th, 2003   #22
Laser Link
raw rock kills

Send a message via ICQ to Laser Link

Wow, I've never seen my name (or abreviated nickname, in truth) used so much in one thread!

The standard Exhibiton-only pass for this year's E3 is $275. It climbed another $75 since last year, and that was bad enough. I don't think there is any chance I'll be going this year. I can't afford even the pass this year, let alone everything else. And on top of that, this year it turns out E3 is during my finals week, so I'm doomed there too. Oh, and just in case anybody doesn't know, it is strictly 18+, they do check ID.

I don't really think making a front news page is necessary. You can get a free pass if they consider you commercial media (!fansite), but they are extremely strict about that.

I hope you guys can go sometime. It is an amazing experience that every real gamer should have at least once. It's too bad most of the media don't know as much about gaming as you guys do.

If you really need a free pass, get hired by PGC. They are looking for somebody new.

Tue, February 4th, 2003   #23
OB1
off to parts unknown...

Fuck beans. $275?? Screw that plan!
Tue, February 4th, 2003   #24
EdenMaster

I may still go...I hope I don't go alone.

Tue, February 4th, 2003   #25
OB1
off to parts unknown...

That would be more than $500 total, EM. Unless you live in California.
Tue, February 4th, 2003   #26
Dark Jaguar
Resident Schizophrenic

Hey now, I have many magical travelling methods that are on the cheap. I know a rickshaw guy...

However, here's the thing. We gotta get a way to make ourselves look legit. I mean, go all out on a front page. It needs to look about a million times the size it actually is. We should have all sorts of little sub page links there, and even if half of them are dead, there's a quick answer. "We are currently having some page loading problems, but we plan to fix that soon." That's totally true too, as those pages aren't there to be loaded, which is a problem, and we will fix it by pretty much closing up the front page once we're through at E3.

LL has made me feel "not a gamer" now for not having been to this place. All the cool people are doing it!
Tue, February 4th, 2003   #27
A Black Falcon
Defender of the Realm

But we'd probably need a audience bigger than 20, too...

Still, I do want to see our frontpage go back up... it does add something to the site to not just be a forum. Maybe we could get people to submit more reviews, too... *realizes he's one reason there weren't many*... um, yeah, so I'm lazy too... er, I guess we all have to work on that...
Tue, February 4th, 2003   #28
EdenMaster

Quote:
Originally posted by OB1
That would be more than $500 total, EM. Unless you live in California.

I normally make around that evry paycheck, every two weeks, and theres a lot of paychecks between now and May.

I liked the front page, and I, The Review King, have kept writing reviews. I'd love to get them all back up again. We were rapidly approaching 100 reviews). Anyhow, having a front page again would be great, even though most of you link straight to the forums.

Tue, February 4th, 2003   #29
A Black Falcon
Defender of the Realm

On the old site I never linked the forums, just the main page... I wanted to see if there'd been any updates...
Tue, February 4th, 2003   #30
EdenMaster

Me too.

SO...who wants to help me talk DMiller into designing another website for us .

Tue, February 4th, 2003   #31
Fittisize
Curtains UP

Alrighty, I would go. BUT:
1.Not old enough (but LL said we would get ID'd...that's simple enough to get past with a fakie)
2.Don't have the money in American Funds (or Canadian. I have no time to work, and if I did I'd be making about $200/two weeks if I work real hard)
3.That's May friggen' long weekend when this happens. BIGGEST party time where I come from. Am I gonna be learing about videogames...or partyin? Partyin foo.
4.Also, if I'm good enough, I'll have started hockey around that time too.

But it would be fun to go down to California and kick back a bit. Play some Smash Bros. Meet up with people I've never seen before but talked to for like a two years. But just no possible for me to do. I know how depressed you guys must feel right now.
Thu, February 6th, 2003   #32
Laser Link
raw rock kills

Send a message via ICQ to Laser Link

Hey, if anybody has any questions on specifics about getting a pass to E3, PM or email me and I'll be glad to help you out.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: