Tendo City:  The Cake Is A Lie!  

Go Back  Tendo City: The Cake Is A Lie! > Tendo City: Metropolitan District > Tendo City

Tue, May 22nd, 2007   #1
Dark Jaguar
Resident Schizophrenic

Default AAAAAAAAAAAHH! SEIZURE INDUCED JOY!

This is dangerous, a little risky, the AWESOME that is the list of musicians working on SSBB!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/music/music01.html

Holy hell on a cracker sideways in my spaggetti!

We already know Nobue Uematsu worked on that song for the first trailer for the game, so he's in for at least one song even if he's not on that list. The only addition I can think of from here is whoever composes Blizzard's game music. Thrall in SSBB... that would be awesome.
"On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." ~ Charles Babbage (1791-1871)
Tue, May 22nd, 2007   #2
Great Rumbler
Tendocity's Resident Accountant and Amateur Writer

Send a message via AIM to Great Rumbler Send a message via MSN to Great Rumbler

SSBB in 2007!!!

Read my web log.
Tue, May 22nd, 2007   #3
EdenMaster
If It's Not About Brawl, Chances Are I Don't Care.

Send a message via AIM to EdenMaster Send a message via MSN to EdenMaster

Listen to that redone menu song! I am LOOKING at joy FLOWING from my speakers.

*bookmarks that site*

And it says that will be the song that plays during a battle. To be exact, it's the music for the stage we've seen the most of, the one that looks kind of like Battlefield, the one that Snake jumps out of the box in that one trailer.

Tue, May 22nd, 2007   #4
lazyfatbum
Sennin

Why is the composer from Crono Trigger and Xenogears listed?
Tue, May 22nd, 2007   #5
Great Rumbler

Because Nintendo called up every composer they could think of and contracted them to remix some classic tunes, apparently.

Read my web log.
Tue, May 22nd, 2007   #6
A Black Falcon
Defender of the Realm

Send a message via AIM to A Black Falcon Send a message via MSN to A Black Falcon

An interesting concept, having so many composers remix Nintendo music... must increase the budget, but it is the sequel to the Gamecube's best-selling game.
Currently Playing: Guild Wars (with expansions) (PC), Donkey Kong Country series (SNES), Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 1 and 2 (GBA), sometimes Warcraft III or Starcraft (PC) Mega Turrican and Universal Soldier (Genesis), various other stuff
Tue, May 22nd, 2007   #7
EdenMaster

Quote:
Yoko Shimomura Kingdom Hearts series

This one sticks out for me. I love the KH soundtracks. Makes me wonder who could be making a cameo though...

No Mushroom Kimgdom Hearts, but perhaps Brawl may see a Keyblade...?

Nah. Speculation is fun but that's too far.

GIVE ME GENO.

Hmm, so now instead of just an icon, we get to see the face of the character with their damage. That's a nice idea, and it's done in such a way that it doesn't appear too crowded on the bottom of the screen.

It'd be funnier if their faces showed differing levels of exhaustion as they took damage (ala Wolfenstein)

Tue, May 22nd, 2007   #8
Dark Jaguar
Resident Schizophrenic

Yoko there also did the music for Super Mario RPG.

This also opens things up for all sorts of cross company characters to sneak into the game. We've already got Snake, but think of the other characters that have, in indirect ways, popped onto a Nintendo system at SOME point in time. The first six Final Fantasies are easy. There's also Tactics Advance, but for a real stretch, how about Cloud? Chain of Memories is his gate into the game, he'd just have to take on that awesome "I stole Vincent's outfit" appearence since that's how he appeared in Chain of Memories.

Sonic is an obvious choice. There's also Megaman, and as I've said before, Simon Belmont.

Chrono's another option, as is Sora. Let's just go nuts. We will END TIME with this game.
"On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." ~ Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

Last edited by Dark Jaguar : Tue, May 22nd, 2007 at 07:32 PM.
Tue, May 22nd, 2007   #9
Great Rumbler

Reggie said that SSBB and Super Mario Galaxy are both coming out THIS YEAR!

Read my web log.
Tue, May 22nd, 2007   #10
EdenMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Jaguar
Yoko there also did the music for Super Mario RPG.

WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO TO ME? ARE YOU TRYING TO INJURE ME??

Tue, May 22nd, 2007   #11
Dark Jaguar
Resident Schizophrenic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenMaster

WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO TO ME? ARE YOU TRYING TO INJURE ME??

I'm just pointing out that she is responsible for the music in Kingdom Hearts, Super Mario RPG, and apparently now some of the music in the upcoming Super Smash Bros game. What, are you a fan of those three things?
Tue, May 22nd, 2007   #12
EdenMaster

Quote:
This also opens things up for all sorts of cross company characters to sneak into the game. We've already got Snake, but think of the other characters that have, in indirect ways, popped onto a Nintendo system at SOME point in time. The first six Final Fantasies are easy. There's also Tactics Advance, but for a real stretch, how about Cloud? Chain of Memories is his gate into the game, he'd just have to take on that awesome "I stole Vincent's outfit" appearence since that's how he appeared in Chain of Memories.

Sonic is an obvious choice. There's also Megaman, and as I've said before, Simon Belmont.

Chrono's another option, as is Sora. Let's just go nuts. We will END TIME with this game.

I'd doubt Square characters such as Sora and any FF character, really. Geno's different: he played a crucial starring role in one of the SNES's most revered games. KH:CoM was...not what I'd call revered .

As long as were going nuts, why not someone from Soul Calibur II? Link invaded their world, now their back for revenge! Imagine Cervantes using the Flying Dutchman on Kirby, or Voldo embedding his katars in Wario's skull.

Yeah, maybe not SCII, but hey, we're going nuts here aren't we?

THE ODAMA BALL.

Tue, May 22nd, 2007   #13
Great Rumbler

I think the big thing that is preventing more third-party characters is royalty fees.

On that note, I'd be a bit surprised to see any more characters from non-Nintendo games.

Read my web log.
Tue, May 22nd, 2007   #14
Dark Jaguar
Resident Schizophrenic

I just think it would be a little weird to have Solid Snake of all people and not the more memorable 3rd party figures from the NES era. Megaman NEEDS to be in the game! I will invade countries in Capcom's name if they stick him in there!
Tue, May 22nd, 2007   #15
EdenMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Rumbler
On that note, I'd be a bit surprised to see any more characters from non-Nintendo games.

They'd already stated they'd like one or two more, not counting Snake.

Tue, May 22nd, 2007   #16
Great Rumbler

Licensing would be the most horrible thing ever if Nintendo tried to sell this some time down the road after their agreements with the third parties expired.

That's why it's just not going to happen on any kind of large scale.

Read my web log.
Tue, May 22nd, 2007   #17
lazyfatbum
Sennin

....Crono will BE playable. Crono WILL be playable. Crono will be PLAYABLE.

Crono will be playable.

On Zenon bridge.

While Marle and Lucca battle Zombor.

Guardia castle in the background occasionally, every so often, an echo of the Epoch in the sky. Balloons flying away from town...

NO WAIT DUDE JESUS

While on Zenon bridge...

when the Epoch flies over...

Time shifts.... and the stage becomes prehistoric, Zeal, the middle ages, current time and the hopeless future.

In the middle ages, imps are attacking farmers, the farmers are saved by a farming equipped Robo who uses shadow tech to destroy them, the imps regroup, the summon an Imp demon, it lights the fields on FIRE, Robo becomes a water shooting ass kicking robot, the crowds cheer on, all hell is breaking loose, the epoch flies over and zap, 65 million years ago. Ayla and Kino's wedding! awesome jungle music, but BLACK TYRANNO ATTACKS Kino and Ayla double tech: Blond Extinction on black tyranno - is scared, frightened, breathes fire on Kino, kino is DOWN, the people are screaming, madness, terror, Crono Lucca and Marle and Frog show up, they TRASH tyranno with Ayla's help using the first Quint Tech: Rainbow RAGE and Kino gets up "KINO NOT GIVE UP" AND STABS BLACK TYRANNO IN THE FUCKING HEART epoch flies over zap, ZEAL! ...nothing really happens, calm and sweet, nice music, young magus and sister practice magic on kitty aww... kitty floats, suddenly there's an alarm, Zeal is falling!1 CRONO IS DEAD, THE ICY SEA IS SWALLOWING THE MAGIC WORLD ZAP the future! right when you appear there's earthquakes, the ground is opening, the dome cities cracking, millions evacuating, a HUGE crater is opening in the distance, a giant hideous creature emerges but before it can fire its nuclear projectiles of death but the rolling lava consumes all things heading in your direction its almost on you the epoch CRASHES IN TO LAVOS ZAP... back on Zenon bridge.

I am so going to read that again after i post this and masturbate until it hurts.
Wed, May 23rd, 2007   #18
Dark Jaguar
Resident Schizophrenic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Rumbler
Licensing would be the most horrible thing ever if Nintendo tried to sell this some time down the road after their agreements with the third parties expired.

That's why it's just not going to happen on any kind of large scale.

Hey Disney's liscense to use Tarzan is over but Squeenix is still selling Kingdom Hearts 1 with Deep Jungle intact. I think they just need the sort of liscense that means they can sell the game that uses it forever, the expiration just meaning they can't make any NEW games with those characters down the road.

Lawyers ruin everything awesome!
Wed, May 23rd, 2007   #19
Dark Jaguar
Resident Schizophrenic

lazy, it takes place in 1999, the world is ending, Lavos is in the background, and he is switching tactics over and over again, and not just Chrono Trigger bosses.

Mode: Big Boss
Wed, May 23rd, 2007   #20
lazyfatbum
Sennin

nice.

But dome cities. Big glass dome cities. Remember them in 1999? And all the 'Lode' branding, Lode Shoes, Lode Bikes, Lode Vest. And George Carlin Head was on Late Night with Conan O'Brien Head and said "Lode this, lode that, it's a Lode of Lode shit!" and man EVERYONE had that on the bumper of their hover-jet or taught their R-100 PA series to repeat it. That saying got SO old.
Thu, May 24th, 2007   #21
Dark Jaguar
Resident Schizophrenic

Also, my memory's not what it used to be, but I think the entire earth was destroyed.
Thu, May 24th, 2007   #22
Dark Jaguar
Resident Schizophrenic

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/item01.html

Now this is interesting, a sticky bomb that might stick to others when you run by. We'll have fun with that!

What game is this thing from though? I can't place it...
Thu, May 24th, 2007   #23
A Black Falcon
Defender of the Realm

Send a message via AIM to A Black Falcon Send a message via MSN to A Black Falcon

They're updating the site daily, but with a really, really small amount of new info each day...
Currently Playing: Guild Wars (with expansions) (PC), Donkey Kong Country series (SNES), Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 1 and 2 (GBA), sometimes Warcraft III or Starcraft (PC) Mega Turrican and Universal Soldier (Genesis), various other stuff
Thu, May 24th, 2007   #24
EdenMaster

Quote:
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/item01.html

Now this is interesting, a sticky bomb that might stick to others when you run by. We'll have fun with that!

What game is this thing from though? I can't place it...

Halo

Thu, May 24th, 2007   #25
Dark Jaguar
Resident Schizophrenic

Does Japan even know that game exists though? Yes though, it reminds me of plasma grenades, except these can be passed onto other victims when you run by.

Really though, what's this thing actually from?
Thu, May 24th, 2007   #26
Great Rumbler

The only thing I can think of is Halo.

Maybe Perfect Dark?

Read my web log.
Thu, May 24th, 2007   #27
Dark Jaguar
Resident Schizophrenic

Not it's FUNCTION, it's LOOK. I mean it could be just some original item, but it seems too... unique for that. I mean it's an organism of some kind. Maybe Metroid?
Fri, May 25th, 2007   #28
EdenMaster

Well today's droplet of information trickling out from Dojo is about Pit.

Discuss.

Fri, May 25th, 2007   #29
lazyfatbum
Sennin

The sticky bomb isn't from PD. The only game that comes to mind is Halo... odd. In PD you could throw any of the mine types on people, its description reads exactly like a timed mine from PD except for the idea that you can rub it off on other people.

I'm thinking its an original weapon to replace the motion sensor bomb since at the time, Ge and PD were still Nintendo affiliated.

Sticky bombs were used in ww2 (among others) as a tank tread destroyer. It was basically a grenade covered in tar. Based on that, its possible that the Sticky Bomb shown is from the new Battalion Wars. But i'm putting my money on 'original' SSBB weapon. I have a feeling the PD cloaking device is going to get scrapped as well.
Fri, May 25th, 2007   #30
lazyfatbum
Sennin

Akihiro Honda
(Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.) Metal Gear Solid 4:
Guns Of The Patriots /
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops

Jun Fukuda
(grasshopper manufacture inc.) killer7 / contact

Keigo Ozaki
(GAME ARTS Co.,Ltd.) PROJECT SYLPHEED

Masafumi Takada
(grasshopper manufacture inc.) killer7 / GOD HAND

Michiko Naruke Wild Arms series

Noriyuki Iwadare GRANDIA series

Seiji Momoi METEOS / The Glory of Hercules III - The Silence of Gods

(GAME ARTS Co.,Ltd.) GRANDIA series /
PROJECT SYLPHEED

Tsukasa Masuko Star Force / Magical Starsign

Yutaka Iraha
(GAME ARTS Co.,Ltd.) SYLPHEED series

--------

Do any of those games have 'gooey bombs'?

Oh, duh... its also possible that its from Metroid Prime 3.
Fri, May 25th, 2007   #31
Dark Jaguar
Resident Schizophrenic

It wasn't a big cell though. The thing looks like a frog egg! That has to be FROM a thing!

Oh, I dunno, might be, might be not.

There's a GameFAQs vote on who people most want added that isn't Nintendo related. Sub Zero? Master Chief? Are they insane? Where's Pac-Man, or BELMONT? That list is a failure.
Sat, May 26th, 2007   #32
lazyfatbum
Sennin

Belmont should definitely make the cut. Maximo from the G&G series would be good. But Gamefaqs is probably just doing it more for 'comedy'.

And yeah, it has to be from something. Every single item in SSB since N64 has used items from other games. Even if it was a stretch like Ness's baseball bat.

....How the hell would Pacman work?
Sat, May 26th, 2007   #33
Dark Jaguar
Resident Schizophrenic

Played the Pacman World games?
Fri, June 15th, 2007   #34
EdenMaster

Fri, June 15th, 2007   #35
Bo Jackson
Tendite

Nice. So when are they going to announce Sonic?
Fri, June 15th, 2007   #36
lazyfatbum
Sennin

I'm glad they went the MP Samus, I wonder if you can screw attack 5 times in the air.

She's in Delfino Plaza... I hope you can beat up the pianta ppl.....
Fri, June 15th, 2007   #37
Dark Jaguar
Resident Schizophrenic

I wonder if Zero Suit form is a seperate character, like Young Link or Pichu, or a Zelda/Sheik style transformation move?
Fri, June 15th, 2007   #38
Sacred Jellybean
The Revolution is over, and Wii won.

Separate, probably. Unless it's some sort of button combination (which I wouldn't like), it will be assigned to a special move, and I don't think the bombs, missiles, screw attack, or charge shot should be scrapped. They're all important moves.
Fri, June 15th, 2007   #39
Dark Jaguar
Resident Schizophrenic

How about just pressing A + B at the same time for transforming?
Fri, June 15th, 2007   #40
Sacred Jellybean
The Revolution is over, and Wii won.

As long as it's something simple like that, it would work. Just no quarter-circle-backs, please.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: