Tendo City:  An Entire Galaxy of Excitement  

Go Back  Tendo City: An Entire Galaxy of Excitement > Tendo City: Metropolitan District > Tendo City

Thu, September 27th, 2007   #1
A Black Falcon
Defender of the Realm

Send a message via AIM to A Black Falcon Send a message via MSN to A Black Falcon
Default Wii Light Gun Games

The Zelda crossbow game sounds interesting. Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles ... we'll see, perhaps.
Ghost Squad ? That's the most traditional lightgun game of the three, being a straight arcade port, but sure... I actually played Ghost Squad in a the arcade once. It's okay... nothing really special, but a decent lightgun shooting game.

What I really want, though, is Terminator 2: The Arcade Game (SNES) in Wii VC with backwards compatibility support. And Duck Hunt.
Currently Playing: Guild Wars (with expansions) (PC), Donkey Kong Country series (SNES), Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 1 and 2 (GBA), sometimes Warcraft III or Starcraft (PC) Mega Turrican and Universal Soldier (Genesis), various other stuff
Sun, September 30th, 2007   #2
lazyfatbum
Sennin

The Zapper is made out of 100% Nintendo, they'll definitely bring out a new IP for it. The fates of HAMMER and Disaster are in strange floatiness which doesn't really make since because they were basically finished games... possibly turned in to lightgun games. But I dunno, I have a feeling the new IP will be a zoo-prize to everyone. I doubt Nintendo's lightgun IP will use real guns... remembr Battle Clash?
Sun, September 30th, 2007   #3
A Black Falcon
Defender of the Realm

Send a message via AIM to A Black Falcon Send a message via MSN to A Black Falcon

Well, the Zapper is coming with the 'Link's Crossbow Challenge' game, as detailed in that first link. I don't know if Nintendo would do one with realistic, modern-day guns... it does seem like it'd definitely be out of character. Battle Clash 3 might fit, though.
Currently Playing: Guild Wars (with expansions) (PC), Donkey Kong Country series (SNES), Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 1 and 2 (GBA), sometimes Warcraft III or Starcraft (PC) Mega Turrican and Universal Soldier (Genesis), various other stuff
Mon, October 1st, 2007   #4
Dark Jaguar
Resident Schizophrenic

Here's what I don't get. Is this Zapper thing really even needed? It seems to me like it's just a plastic shell you wrap around a Wii controller, but I've been fine just using the controller normally.
"On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." ~ Charles Babbage (1791-1871)
Mon, October 1st, 2007   #5
etoven
That's retarded at near genius levels!

Send a message via MSN to etoven

Duck hunt! That would be so alsome to play on vc again with the Zapper.

"You are god to us dream characters. Some of us love you and some of us hate you, and some dream characters want to be left alone." Then he paused and he said "When you are awake, you are a dream character to God. You and everyone else are what God sees when he sleeps." ~ XGM

VILLAGE OF CLONES - Latest Film
(Watch Episode Today!) - (Visit Channel)

Latest Deivant Artwork
Broken Matrimony by ~etoven on deviantART

Mon, October 1st, 2007   #6
A Black Falcon
Defender of the Realm

No, the Zapper isn't necessary; it is indeed a plastic shell. Some lightgun games may even be easier with the wiimote and nunchuck held normally... but the thing will be $20 and will come with the Zelda crossbow game, so it's probably worth it. (note that REUC and Ghost Squad are $50).

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: