Tendo City: THE YANKEES WEEP TEARS OF <font size=BLOOD" />  

Go Back  Tendo City: THE YANKEES WEEP TEARS OF BLOOD > Tendo City: Residential District > Multiconsole City
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search New Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mon, December 15th, 2003
Last Post King

Posts: 23,838 OB1 is a God among menOB1 is a God among menOB1 is a God among menOB1 is a God among menOB1 is a God among menOB1 is a God among menOB1 is a God among menOB1 is a God among menOB1 is a God among menOB1 is a God among menOB1 is a God among men
KOF censored?

We can't handle teh boobings!

From GAF:
Quote:
Posted by
Sean Borycki at 02:23:32 PM EST on 12.14.2003.

Following the recent trend it seems the stateside release of King of Fighters 2000/2001 for the PS2 has been censored. Content purportedly removed includes blood, guns and Mai’s jiggling jugs. One can only assume that SNK Japan fears the US can no longer deal with such mature themes. It warrents mention that several of the past KOF releases have been censored as well, such as KOF 99 for the Dreamcast.

Source: Slashdot Games

How stupid.

Defender of the Realm

Send a message via AIM to A Black Falcon Send a message via MSN to A Black Falcon

Nah, it'd just mean a port of the US NeoGeo versions of those games, which were censored for blood and Mai's jiggling already for some idiotic reason.

The European versions, in a bizarre twist, don't seem to be censored...
Currently Playing: 1. Wizardry VI: Bane of the Cosmic Forge (PC) 2. Tribes: Vengeance (PC) 3. Lady Sia (GBA) 4. Raptor (PC) 5. - (might get back to soon: Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal (PC), Quest for Glory III: Winds of War (PC), and Icewind Dale II (PC))
Last Post King

Posts: 23,838 OB1 is a God among menOB1 is a God among menOB1 is a God among menOB1 is a God among menOB1 is a God among menOB1 is a God among menOB1 is a God among menOB1 is a God among menOB1 is a God among menOB1 is a God among menOB1 is a God among men

Are all of the DC versions censored? I have two DC KOF games but I never noticed any sort of censoring.

Defender of the Realm

Send a message via AIM to A Black Falcon Send a message via MSN to A Black Falcon

Uh, you talking about Japanese or US? Japanese ones aren't censored... not sure about US, I'd think they are since the Neo-Geo US releases were...

SNK also crippled the US releases of the two Last Blade games, removing all the blood and the ability to kill your opponents... idiots...
Currently Playing: 1. Wizardry VI: Bane of the Cosmic Forge (PC) 2. Tribes: Vengeance (PC) 3. Lady Sia (GBA) 4. Raptor (PC) 5. - (might get back to soon: Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal (PC), Quest for Glory III: Winds of War (PC), and Icewind Dale II (PC))
Last Post King

Guess I should get the japanese versions then...

Defender of the Realm

You'd have to check on the DC versions of the games, since I obviously haven't played those ones... but I have played the Neo-Geo games. But Last Blade 2 at least I'm pretty sure is censored here. And some KOFs.

You know, it's handy that each Neo-Geo rom contains in it all three versions (US, Japan, Europe) in the same rom, easily switchable in the emulator.

Oh yeah, the US versions of the Metal Slug games have white blood. The Japanese and European ones have red blood.
Last Post King

And the GBA games?

Defender of the Realm

Ooh, good question. I don't know.
Last Post King

I really need to get all of those SNK DC games before it's too late.

Defender of the Realm

I have the roms of both KOF GBA games, but the Japanese one for the first game and the US one of the second... but it's from several months ago. I don't know if when they finally release KOF2 GBA it'll be that version (which seems to have been finished, in English, for quite some time given that I've had the rom for months). I checked. The English "US" Rom of the second GBA KOF game was released 6/22/03... I've had it since late July.
Last Post King

How is it? I was thinking about buying the game.

Defender of the Realm

Better than the first KOF GBA game, I'd say. The first one wasn't bad, but just isn't as good as the Neo ones... this isn't quite there but it's closer. And fun to play, which is what really matters...

There are reviews of both games at www.neo-geo.com ... it clearly shows that the second one was a big improvement.
Here it is. http://www.neo-geo.com/reviews/gba-...2/kof-gba2.html

http://www.neogeoforlife.com/nonneo...ba/kofex2.shtml

Another review.

Seems to say that it's better than KOF EX, but not as good as the homecarts... which I'd expect. Still, it is fun, and if I see EX2 for like $15 or $20 I'll probably end up getting it.

Oh, BTW, in the rom I have I'm not sure about blood, because the KOF games don't have much of it, but Mai is intact.
Last Post King

Awesome.

You might want to check cheapassgamer.com regularly for good deals.

Defender of the Realm

Oh yeah, and I think it comes out today or tomorrow.

Now SNK/Playmore... why is Mai as she should be in the GBA game but not on the PS2? Does that make any sense?
Last Post King

What do you mean?

Defender of the Realm

Huh?
Last Post King

Quote:
why is Mai as she should be in the GBA game but not on the PS2?

What did you mean by that?

Defender of the Realm

bouncy...
Last Post King

Oh...

Old Wed, December 31st, 2003
Last Post King

Haha, these Koreans sure do love their KOF.... http://www.crocess.com:8000/cms/79/27379/sdfgsh.wmv

Old Fri, January 2nd, 2004
Last Post King

Defender of the Realm

What? Oh, fine, I'll download it...
Last Post King

Lazy bunch of...

Defender of the Realm

That's pretty good...
Last Post King

It sure is.

Defender of the Realm

They have way too much time on their hands.
Last Post King

And you don't?

Defender of the Realm

Well, um... I wouldn't spend it that way...
Last Post King

Then how do you spend your time?

Old Sat, January 3rd, 2004
Defender of the Realm

Not re-enacting video games.
Last Post King

Just re-enacting Star Trek episodes.

Defender of the Realm

... no! Being able to recognize just about every Voyager episode within five minuites isn't re-enacting them... and I don't even know the episode names.
Last Post King

And of Voyager... such a waste of a waste of time...

Defender of the Realm

I like it. I do. I think it's good. And I don't get why everyone hates it...
Last Post King

it's because we've got brains...

Defender of the Realm

Oh yes, I'm sure that's the reason...
Old Thu, January 8th, 2004
Last Post King

It is!

Defender of the Realm

You just can't handle its coolness.
Last Post King

Yeah it's just beyond my comprehension.

Defender of the Realm

I watched Enterprise yesterday... it was okay, but not better than your average Voyager ep from its third season. No way.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: