Tendo City: Tickling your prostate since 1999!  

Go Back  Tendo City: Tickling your prostate since 1999! > Tendo City: Metropolitan District > Ramble City
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search New Posts Mark Forums Read

The Beautiful World

Posts: 18,342 Great Rumbler has altered his reputation through the admin panelGreat Rumbler has altered his reputation through the admin panelGreat Rumbler has altered his reputation through the admin panelGreat Rumbler has altered his reputation through the admin panelGreat Rumbler has altered his reputation through the admin panelGreat Rumbler has altered his reputation through the admin panelGreat Rumbler has altered his reputation through the admin panelGreat Rumbler has altered his reputation through the admin panelGreat Rumbler has altered his reputation through the admin panelGreat Rumbler has altered his reputation through the admin panelGreat Rumbler has altered his reputation through the admin panel
Send a message via AIM to Great Rumbler Send a message via MSN to Great Rumbler
Default I have achieved ultimate power

Actually, it's more like a HP Pavilion dv1000 laptop:

Cost me a pretty penny. *hooray for wireless internet!*
Old Wed, June 1st, 2005
Resident Schizophrenic

Posts: 16,605 Dark Jaguar has altered his reputation through the admin panelDark Jaguar has altered his reputation through the admin panelDark Jaguar has altered his reputation through the admin panelDark Jaguar has altered his reputation through the admin panelDark Jaguar has altered his reputation through the admin panelDark Jaguar has altered his reputation through the admin panelDark Jaguar has altered his reputation through the admin panelDark Jaguar has altered his reputation through the admin panelDark Jaguar has altered his reputation through the admin panelDark Jaguar has altered his reputation through the admin panelDark Jaguar has altered his reputation through the admin panel

I guess...

So what hardware is inside it? The fact that HP put it together says nothing. These aren't consoles you know. They are PCs, and HP and Dell and so on just slap them together.
Old Wed, June 1st, 2005
The Beautiful World

Posts: 18,342 Great Rumbler has altered his reputation through the admin panelGreat Rumbler has altered his reputation through the admin panelGreat Rumbler has altered his reputation through the admin panelGreat Rumbler has altered his reputation through the admin panelGreat Rumbler has altered his reputation through the admin panelGreat Rumbler has altered his reputation through the admin panelGreat Rumbler has altered his reputation through the admin panelGreat Rumbler has altered his reputation through the admin panelGreat Rumbler has altered his reputation through the admin panelGreat Rumbler has altered his reputation through the admin panelGreat Rumbler has altered his reputation through the admin panel

It has an 1.5GHZ processor, 512MB of RAM, and an Intel Extreme Graphics 2 for Mobile graphics accelerator with 64MB of RAM. It's good enough for what I'm going to use it for...adventure games.
Old Wed, June 1st, 2005
Infrequent Poster

Posts: 5,610 DMiller has altered his reputation through the admin panelDMiller has altered his reputation through the admin panelDMiller has altered his reputation through the admin panelDMiller has altered his reputation through the admin panelDMiller has altered his reputation through the admin panelDMiller has altered his reputation through the admin panelDMiller has altered his reputation through the admin panelDMiller has altered his reputation through the admin panelDMiller has altered his reputation through the admin panelDMiller has altered his reputation through the admin panelDMiller has altered his reputation through the admin panel
Send a message via AIM to DMiller

Well, it's not a Mac, but I guess it's okay for a Windows box.
G.O.B.: They’re pills that create a sort of temporary forgettingness. So if somebody finds out how you do a trick, you just give ’em one of these, and they forget the whole thing. It’s a mainstay of the magician’s toolkit, like how clowns always have a rag soaked in ether.
Tobias: G.O.B., this is Flunitrazepam. It’s a roofie.
Lucille: Those are illegal.
G.O.B.: Shut up, Mom. Don’t make me give you another one of these.
Old Wed, June 1st, 2005
"This is your friggen' story."

Send a message via AIM to EdenMaster Send a message via MSN to EdenMaster

Nice, GR. How much DID it set you back?

Tobias: I was a professional twice over. An analyst and a therapist. The worlds first analrapist.
Lindsey: Yes, and you were almost arrested for those business cards...
Tobias: Yes. No, it did not look good on paper, but I didn't stop because of the police inquiries.
Old Wed, June 1st, 2005
The Beautiful World

It cost me just over a thousand, including a wireless mouse and a carrying case.
Old Wed, June 1st, 2005
Highly Overated since September 1999

wow you got screwed. They sell the same package here for 600/700 but it's in a box with a krappy screen
Old Thu, June 2nd, 2005
Highly Overated since September 1999

Oh nevermind it's the same screen you're getting
Old Thu, June 2nd, 2005
Resident Schizophrenic

Posts: 16,605 Dark Jaguar has altered his reputation through the admin panelDark Jaguar has altered his reputation through the admin panelDark Jaguar has altered his reputation through the admin panelDark Jaguar has altered his reputation through the admin panelDark Jaguar has altered his reputation through the admin panelDark Jaguar has altered his reputation through the admin panelDark Jaguar has altered his reputation through the admin panelDark Jaguar has altered his reputation through the admin panelDark Jaguar has altered his reputation through the admin panelDark Jaguar has altered his reputation through the admin panelDark Jaguar has altered his reputation through the admin panel

Well so long as it does what you want it to do.

What I'm hopinatin' for is the day when... um... stuff happens that makes laptops as interchangeble... parts... as a home PC. I'm not a fan of having an all or none thing... Also, and this is just something that annoys me, let me turn off the "double tap = click" feature of those stupid touch pad mice. I mean, I constantly have to lift my finger to keep the cursor moving as it is, I really don't enjoy the consequence being the occasional accidental click, so I would like it if that was shut OFF, forever.
Old Thu, June 2nd, 2005
raw rock kills

Send a message via ICQ to Laser Link

Cool, now run Linux.

*is such a hypocrite, but at least I know it*

Old Thu, June 2nd, 2005
The Beautiful World

Quote:
I mean, I constantly have to lift my finger to keep the cursor moving as it is, I really don't enjoy the consequence being the occasional accidental click, so I would like it if that was shut OFF, forever.

That's why I bought a wireless USB mouse.
Quote:
wow you got screwed. They sell the same package here for 600/700 but it's in a box with a krappy screen

Where did you find that at? HP's website has it listed as $1100.
Old Thu, June 2nd, 2005
Infrequent Poster

Posts: 5,610 DMiller has altered his reputation through the admin panelDMiller has altered his reputation through the admin panelDMiller has altered his reputation through the admin panelDMiller has altered his reputation through the admin panelDMiller has altered his reputation through the admin panelDMiller has altered his reputation through the admin panelDMiller has altered his reputation through the admin panelDMiller has altered his reputation through the admin panelDMiller has altered his reputation through the admin panelDMiller has altered his reputation through the admin panelDMiller has altered his reputation through the admin panel
Send a message via AIM to DMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Jaguar
Also, and this is just something that annoys me, let me turn off the "double tap = click" feature of those stupid touch pad mice. I mean, I constantly have to lift my finger to keep the cursor moving as it is, I really don't enjoy the consequence being the occasional accidental click, so I would like it if that was shut OFF, forever.

There's got to be a way to do that. I imagine there is a 3rd party utility or something that can do it. On Macs it is an option in the system preferences so I'm sure there's a way to do it on PCs as well. I'm so glad it's easy to do on Macs because I'm with you in my hatred of that "feature."
G.O.B.: They’re pills that create a sort of temporary forgettingness. So if somebody finds out how you do a trick, you just give ’em one of these, and they forget the whole thing. It’s a mainstay of the magician’s toolkit, like how clowns always have a rag soaked in ether.
Tobias: G.O.B., this is Flunitrazepam. It’s a roofie.
Lucille: Those are illegal.
G.O.B.: Shut up, Mom. Don’t make me give you another one of these.
Old Thu, June 2nd, 2005
The Beautiful World

I don't mind it that much, but the touch pad is just slow all the way around so I rarely use it.
Old Thu, June 2nd, 2005
Defender of the Realm

Send a message via AIM to A Black Falcon Send a message via MSN to A Black Falcon

That's not much better than my desktop, and that's 3 2/3rds years old...
Old Fri, June 3rd, 2005
The Beautiful World

This is a LAPTOP, ABF. Not a PC.

Last edited by Great Rumbler : Fri, June 3rd, 2005 at 04:24 PM.
Old Fri, June 3rd, 2005
Defender of the Realm

Send a message via AIM to A Black Falcon Send a message via MSN to A Black Falcon

Other kind of /, GR...

And yes, the fact that laptops are quite a bit worse than PCs is definitely one of the reasons I don't want one.
Old Fri, June 3rd, 2005
The Beautiful World

It's rather hard to pack up a PC and take it on vacation to watch movies on. Or to the the college library to take advantage of their wireless internet. Portability, my dear friend, is the advantage here.
Old Fri, June 3rd, 2005
Defender of the Realm

Perhaps, if you also have a desktop that's actually competent for gaming...
Old Fri, June 3rd, 2005
The Beautiful World

I do.
Old Fri, June 3rd, 2005
Defender of the Realm

Ah, then it's okay then.
Old Sat, June 4th, 2005
The Beautiful World

At this very moment I am sitting several feet away from a pool that's in the courtyard of a Best Western motel just outside of Albuquerque, New Mexico. How's that for ultimate power? *is all-powerful*
Old Sat, June 4th, 2005
The Beautiful World

Now, I'm in a hotel room in Flagstaff, Arizona. Tomorrow: The Grand Canyon!!
Old Sun, June 5th, 2005
Resident Schizophrenic

Oh DMiller, bad news.

The reality is that feature is programmed into the hardware on those touchpads. That is, the operating system can't possibly do anything about it because it isn't even aware there's anything special going on. When you double tap, it just actually sends a left click signal to the machine, literally the same as if you just pressed the left button.

With macs, I suppose they got smart and set it up so the software can do something.

I also suspect some configurations on some laptops do allow you to turn it off via software, not being like the ones I've used.

Unfortunalty, too many seem to be set up in this unchangeble way.

But that's not all! (Most used phrase in Yugioh.) I also just don't like touch pads anyway. It's not that smooth to me, and I cramp up my wrist using it. I end up getting my finger to the edge of the sensor long before any cursors on screen reach the side. Altering sensitivity doesn't help as it just makes it too hard to control. Well, what are you to do anyway right? I suppose one answer would be to bring back what laptops used to have, those analog sticks.
Old Mon, June 6th, 2005
The Beautiful World

Touchpads aren't that hard to use.
Old Mon, June 6th, 2005
Defender of the Realm

Mice are far better than any of the "pointing device solutions" laptops have, though...
Old Mon, June 6th, 2005
raw rock kills

Send a message via ICQ to Laser Link

The little ball thingy between the 'G' and 'H' works better than the touchpad anyway. (I dont know if all laptops have those, but my old IBM from 97 and my current work Dell both do) That's what I use on laptops. They are both really annoying, so it's good to have a mouse around as well. And a real keyboard. But this is the price for portability.

Old Mon, June 6th, 2005
The Beautiful World

Portability is an awesome thing, as I've had the chance to discover first-hand. Wireless internet at the edge of the Grand Canyon, baby!! Well...not quite.
Old Mon, June 6th, 2005
Village Clone

Send a message via MSN to etoven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laser Link
Cool, now run Linux.

*is such a hypocrite, but at least I know it*
You should install lenux but run it in an Mac/OSX shell. That way you get the best of both worlds.

[Web Site] - [AnotherWorld Web Site] - [Email]
Old Mon, June 6th, 2005

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes  Rate This Thread 
Rate This Thread: